I am looking forward to meeting with the great group at SMCRVA on January 20th at 6:00. Tickets are here: http://smcrvajan2011.eventbrite.com/
We will discuss Reputation Management. This will be both a legal issues and best practices review. I will touch on topics that are not only legal topics, but also in a more general way on issues like SEO and some PR basics (knowing that I am not a pro in either SEO or PR).
Here is the basic outline of the topics I plan to cover:
1. SM Policies and Owning the Real Estate – risk management through policies, training, and SEO
2. Listen. Really Listen – the importance of monitoring in real time. really
3. Iron While Damp – why you should (almost) always respond, quickly. some exceptions
4. Ask for Help – making credible and well-informed requests and demands of the right people
5. What Are You Going to Do, Sue? — a lawyer will actually tell you that you may not want to charge into court
We will discuss the developing law and some interesting case studies as well.
I look forward to seeing you at the Firehouse Theater in good old RVA.
Chris – @gatewood5000